FCS Educational Foundation was created for the purpose of 1) supporting, affirming and advocating private Christian school and preschool education regionally and nationally, and 2) garnering resources for a scholarship fund, and helping build a financial and programmatic support base to strengthen the work of Foothill Christian School and Preschool.
In March 2014, FCS Educational Foundation was sanctioned as a 501(c)(3) Public Charity by the United States Internal Revenue Service, fully exempt from Federal income. Board Officers include: Robert M. Gutzwiller, President and Zack Grelling, Director of Advancement and Jerry Kitchel, Board Secretary.
The groundwork for FCS Educational Foundation was established in the same year of Foothill Christian School’s 50th anniversary celebration. The great achievement of 50 years and a legacy of excellence inspired Foothill Christian School’s leadership to support the establishment of a separate legal entity. The foundation was given responsibility to build on existing support base by establishing new partners and funding sources sharing a similar vision and passion for educational excellence. Key objectives for the foundation’s work include, but are not limited to:
1) Stewardship of an endowment fund.
2) Expanding a Scholarship Fund for qualifying families and students.
3) Garnering the support of individuals, corporations and businesses to meet ongoing needs, such as campus improvements, classroom upgrades, curriculum enhancements, faculty training, specialized enrichment classes, and state-of-art technology.
4) Corporate and foundation grant writing.
5) Oversight for the Annual Charity Golf Classic and its singular purpose to raise support for scholarships.
The FCS Educational Foundation is honored by its growing network of supporters that include numerous individuals, family and privately supported foundations, financial institutions, businesses, and corporations.